Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Bride to Bee...
















One of my favorite friends recently was married on July 3rd. To celebrate her big day, I hosted a Lingerie shower for her, along with my favorite party planning partner, Mrs. Danielle Burns (the bride's sister). To go with her Black & Yellow Wedding color palette, we used black & white damask, along with pops of yellow in the flowers & food & drink.

To start with the Main table we decorated with a "Bride to Bee" sign, and a black & white damask table runner, both I found on etsy. For sweets, we had chocolate cupcakes decorated with black frosted bustiers, lemon & reeses peanut butter flavored cake pops, and a candy bar full of black & gold candy. Danielle put together a delicious lemonade punch bowl and a vodka flavored lemonade mix we put in my new drink dispenser from pottery barn.

For favors I got these super cute "meant to bee" candles so all the guests, can take home a little something sexy. Danielle got these darling Jones soda drinks that had a picture of the Bride to Bee from a lingerie shoot she had just done for her future hubby. They were such a hit! As a present for my friend Katie, I hung lacy black & yellow lingerie on a clothes line. (It also helped set the mood for the shower).

I had a blast hosting this shower for my beautiful friend Katie. Its no wonder her colors included yellow, because she is like a big beam of sunshine. Being a party host is something I truly enjoy. It started when I was a little girl, and every year my Mom would let me throw a Christmas party. Besides my annual Christmas party, I truly enjoy planning showers for my beautiful friends & family during the exciting times in life. Still this year, I am throwing an 80s themed 30th Birthday for my sister Allison, helping host a Baby Shower for my dear friend Danielle, and of course the Annual Christmas Party. My passion for throwing the perfect party has grown through my love of blogs. I am hoping to get more creative as the years go by, but most of all I cherish every single party/ get together so much not only for the details, but the sweet sweet memories :)




No comments:

Post a Comment