Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Grass is Greener at the Bruners



Trevor & I have been working on a few updates to our backyard. Trevor has quite the green thumb, and I well, lets just say I'm lucky if I can keep flowers alive after 3 days. What I do love, is design, and shopping! So together we created a beautiful get away (right in our own backyard). In fact as I am typing this, I am sipping a glass of red wine, enjoying the almost finished project. Below are a few photos of what we did to create our perfect yard.


A Hanging Plant. My new favorite! This plant brought some beautiful color to the yard.

A frog for our pond... rrrrrrrribet

I bought this dining table last September, during the outdoor sale at pottery barn. This full Chesapeke dinning table & umbrella usually go for around $800. I got it for about $500. The trick to shopping season pieces at Pottery Barn is to shop at the end of the season. You can usually find some great deals. Right now for example is August so they are marking down a lot of their Summer/ Spring pieces to make room for the new Fall design.

We registered for this iron votive hanger from Pottery Barn,
which we have hung on our patio. I just love the worn rustic look.

I recently planted these marigolds near our front door entrance. They are such a happy flower! (reminds me of Disneyland in the fall)

We just planted this purple Hydrnagea. It is really starting to bloom. I can't wait until its a big beautiful, fluffy flower.

We had a really low wall which didn't give us much privacy. Trevor went to home depot, bought some wood, and built this fence by hand. He did such a great job! The lanterns I bought from Pottery barn two seasons ago. At night time I light the candles in the lanterns, which really make it cozy.

This little number was a gift from my Mom & Dad. I fell in love with it, and they were so sweet to give it to us. We found this cute planter at the Armstrong garden center. I planted some pretty purple daisies.

And with a little sunshine & water, they came to life! We have had these for over a year, and they were starting to look a little drab. After a month of love & care they are blooming again.


Trevor's pride & Joy; THE POND. Trevor with the help of his brother built this pond by hand. I am absolutely amazed at how it turned out! We planted some vines, which have grown beautifully around the pond.

This little bench was a spur of the moment purchase. I saw i at costco for only $100. We needed more seating, and this little guy swings. We placed it near the pond, so we can look at the pretty running water.

Most of all.... Minnie has a yard to play & run & well.... be lazy.



2 comments:

  1. Omgoodness!! It is so dang pretty! I need to see it in person...hint hint hint :) and go me I finally figured out how to leave a comment whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete