Thursday, August 23, 2012

Third Trimester Done... Pregnancy Wrap up!



So today is August 23rd, and I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I honestly thought Stella was going to join us a little early, but it seems as if she is pretty comfortable in my tummy and taking her sweet time. One of the traits I hope she doesn't get from me is my tardiness. I call it fashionably late, but seriously, I'm always 5 minutes late everywhere, and its a really bad habit. Note to Stella"The early bird gets the worm", so start off on the right foot, and come on out! According to my Dr. her head is very low past my pelvis, and I am 50% effaced. This was on Monday. Please do not make me wait another 10 days, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not go past your due date. With my Puppps we had discussed inducing me at 39 weeks, but now that my body is making progress my Dr is discouraging me from getting induced, and would like me to stick it out & be patient, as he wants to avoid the higher risk of a cesarean.

As much as I have enjoyed pregnancy, I have to be honest... I am done, put a fork in me. I want my body back, I want to feel normal, but most of all I just want to hold my daughter in my arms (not my uterus). I know all women experience different ups & downs during their pregnancy, and everybody's story is different. I would say I have had a pretty rough pregnancy, but I would do it all over again for my daughter. My favorite time during my pregnancy were weeks 18-30. I had energy, my bump was pretty cute, I could feel the cutest little kicks, and felt like I had that "glow". By far weeks 32-36 were the worst most horrifying part of pregnancy. My experience with PUPPPS was just hell. They have become manageable over the past two weeks, but they still flare up in the heat. It doesn't help that we are having 100 degree weather. With that said, here are the highlights & lowlights of Trimester 3.

At last the Ups & Downs of my Third Trimester

Top 5
1. My Baby Shower. My friends & family planned a beautiful shower for me, and I felt so much love & support as I enter this new adventure in my life.
2. Completing the Nursery. It all came together, and I absolutely love the space we created for Stella.
3.Contractions. Ok, although these are actually kind of painful, I like getting them because I know my body is preparing for D.day!
4. Nesting. I love how organized and clean my house is. Lets hope we can try to keep it this way.
5. Hanging out with my Mom. I work really long hours, and being on bed rest, I have got to spend a lot of time with my Mom. She has been the most amazing support to me during this time. We have breakfast together every morning, have Gossip Girl marathons, and have endless talks about how Big Stella is this week. She washed and folded every single piece of Stella's wardrobe, including blankets, burp cloths, and swaddles. She has been a tremendous help, and is going to be an amazing Grammy.

Bottom 5
1. Puppps. Need I say more.
2. Achy Muscles- my feet, legs, back, thighs, neck. Basically my whole body is tired & sore.
3. Indigestion. I get it every night, and it doesn't ease up until about 3am. I have to sleep sitting up, making night time not much fun.
4. Bed Rest. From weeks 32-36 I was on bed rest. I didn't leave the house, except to go hang out on my mom's couch. (she lives next door). I missed out on my Designer Preview event that I had been planning and prepping for since February. This also is time that is being taken away from my maternity leave, as I had planned on leaving at Week 37. After week 36, my Dr put me on modified bed rest, so I have been able to get out more, but with the heat I still have pretty much hung out at home like a little hermit.
5. Bathroom Runs. I seriously pee close to 40 times a day. I am not exaggerating. Night time is the worst, I usually go through an entire roll of TP in one night. 


I would like to thank my husband, family, friends, and co-workers for putting up with me these past 9 months. I know I have been moody, crabby, and probably a little annoying, but I couldn't have made it through without all your love & support. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment