Monday, May 21, 2012

Year ONE of a Family Called the Bruners

Trevor and I recently celebrated our One year Anniversary. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It feels like just yesterday I was scouring Style Me Pretty, and planning my Dream Wedding. We have been through sooooo much together as a couple this past year, and have learned so much. I always used to think, that since we lived together before we were married it wouldn't be much of a change, but boy was I wrong. Once I became Trevor's wife, I felt I started to hold myself to a higher standard, and sometimes held Trev to higher expectations too. Knowing that he truly was going to be my partner through this thing called life, made me rely on Trev more than I would have ever expected. We have become a family, and are learning how to not be the "perfect" partner, but how to love and respect each other for who one another is, and appreciating the little things in life.

So after one year of wedded bliss, here is a quick recap of what we have experienced in our first year as Mr & Mrs...

1. Love... My heart has truly never loved anything or anyone more than I love my Trev. It all started on our beautiful honeymoon in Jamaica. Traveling to another country is a scary thing, and I counted on Trev to protect me. We had so much fun together enjoying a full week of just relaxing, laughing, laying in the sun, and a little bit of lovins. (okay alot of it). Once we came back home, we really just wanted life to return back to normal. No more wedding stress, and just enjoy our friends and family, and of course each other. After learning of our pregnancy in June, and then miscarrying in July, I knew I had married my best friend. Trevor was there for me through what was the most depressing time of my life. He held me when I cried, never judged me at times I could have been considered a little mental, and helped me get to a happy place again. He loves me unconditionally, and I hope he knows how much I love him too.

2. Money.... Weeks after returning from our honeymoon Trevor learned that his Boss was laying him off, as he did not have enough work to have an assistant. That was so scary. I have so much respect for Trev and what he did next. I was so worried, as we are definitely a two income household, and rely on each others pay to make it through. I stressed out a little too much, not because of Trev, but based on my own insecurities of what I have gone through in the past. Trev was on it, getting his name out there for any kind of side job that he could do. Then he landed a fantastic opportunity doing all the plumbing work at a restaurant. After that restaurant opened he got work at another restaurant in Huntington Beach. This past February Trev got hired working for Arroyo Plumbing in Arcadia. He works so hard, is on call almost every weekend, and does it without complaining. He truly enjoys providing for his family, and is so talented at what he does. Proud wife, am I.

I didn't do too shabby this year either. One month after the wedding, I was offered a promotion in June to manage the Collectors & Couture Department at South Coast Plaza. Although it was considered "lateral", it was a blessing, as I only had to commute 45 minutes to Costa Mesa, instead of the dreadful 1.5-2 hour commute each way to Topanga. I also got a pretty nice raise, but with the extra pay came a whole lot more grey hair, but has given me some fantastic opportunities and experience. I have definitely learned so much in my new position this past year, and can't wait for my next step! I am praying and working hard for that next promotion (after baby of course)

3. Family... A Family called the Bruners is starting a family!!! (with people not just animals, lol) After "trying" for four months Trevor and I found out we were pregnant on Christmas Eve. We are so thrilled to become parents and love our little daughter Stella Rose Bruner sooooo much already. Trevor is going to be an amazing Dad, and I hope I can be a great Mom. I'm 25 weeks along as I write this blog, which means only 12 more weeks until I am FULL term!!! Pregnancy has definitely had its exciting and challenging moments, and we are definitely looking forward to entering our next step as a couple- Parenthood.


We had originally planned on celebrating our one year wedding anniversary at Ponte Winery, as they just opened a new hotel on the vineyards where we said I do. With our little bun in the oven, we decided to spend it a little more G rated, since Mama isnt doing any wine drinking these days. Trevor took me to San Diego for a little get away. We went to Sea World, and then took a wonderful nap at our ocean view room at the Hilton in Mission Bay. We then went out for some Mexican food & cold stone in Old Town San Diego. It was relaxing, and fun way to celebrate our first year as a married couple.

Here's to many many more years of love, marriage, and the baby in the baby carriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment