Monday, April 2, 2012

"Our Little Peanut" Gender Reveal Party

Trevor and I both were so anxious to find out if we were having a boy or girl! We definitely wanted to know, so that we can decorate the nursery, and get our little one's wardrobe started. One thing we did know, is that we still wanted to share the excitement with our family and friends with the "It's a Boy, or Its a Girl!" announcement. With the growing popularity of cutting the cake to find pink or blue icing, and my love for parties we hosted a Gender Reveal party. Our theme was "Little Peanut", so to decorate we used pink & blue elephants, and of course peanuts.

We had always said we were going to find out at the same time as our family, by waiting until we cut into the cake. Two weeks before our ultrasound appointment Trev told me he really wanted to find out, but we would keep it a secret and not tell our family and friends. Even though I really wanted to wait, I thought it would be really nice for me & Trevor to find out by ourselves, and have a moment together.

We went into our ultrasound appointment one week before the party. It was the most amazing experience. The technician was really sweet, and told us we had one active baby in there, and that she knew the sex! Then she just typed "Its A Girl" on the screen, and I just smiled from ear to ear. I was overfilled with joy and love for my daughter. I looked over at Trevor, and he was having his first moment as a dad. He was crying, and sniffling tears of joy. Although I know he was hoping for a boy, once he met his little girl, he was the proudest papa! We left the appointment so excited! We even made a trip to target, and started a baby registry. Our little girl also got her very first outfit from daddy. A little two piece outfit with pink leggings, and a onsie with an adorable elephant on it, and tiny hearts.

I never realized how difficult it would be to keep it a secret from our friends, family, and co-workers, and they were not going to make it easy on me! In fact my mom and dad were the worst!!! They gave me a guilt trip for a week straight, "Come on Melissa, after all we have done for you.We won't say a word!" Grammy (my mom) even tried to bribe me with a new outfit for the baby! I was strong and kept my mouth zipped!

Needless to say when the Gender Reveal Party came I was so excited to finally announce that We were having a little girl named Stella Rose Bruner. When we cut the cake, and the shrieks and screams of "Its a Girl", and "YAY", were overwhelming. Stella would be the first grand daughter and niece of all the Bruner and Carneys, and one of many beautiful girls in the line of girls from the Box/Persico/Armstrong family.

We love you our sweet Stella Rose, and can't wait to hold you in our arms!!!!


Pink Frosting or Blue Frosting?

Lil Peanut Cupcakes
Party Spread
Lil Peanut Cake Pop Favor



Cast your vote on the elephant piggy bank!

"A lil peanut on the way, pink or blue? What do you say?"

Pick your flavor!



Treat Boxes

Peanut Cups

The invites

Lil Peanut Banner





Baby Bruner's First Photos

Pink & Blue onsie line
ITS A GIRL!!! Stella Rose Bruner is expected to arrive on September 3rd, 2012

1 comment: