Monday, June 4, 2012

Two Trimesters Down... One more to go!

 19 Weeks and Happy Parents to be

 Stella Rose and her pretty profile at 20 weeks

Our Sweet Daughter at 26 weeks 4D! One pretty little girl is coming to join our family.

Trimester two was everything I expected... better than One! I had a ton more energy, and felt like "SuperPreggo"! I could work 12 hour days, clean the entire house on my days off, and surf the net for hours buying the cutest little outfits for our future fashionista. The all day nauseau was gone, my belly actually looks like a baby bump (not an ice cream bump),  and I have been able to start planning and preparing for our little babe. Although I have been a lot more comfortable, I fully admit I am NOT one of those women who "loooove being pregnant", and could have 4 or 5 kids. Trev and I have already come to an agreement, one more baby... maybe two (but that would be max). I know at the very end of this journey all the uncomfortableness will be well worth it once Stella is in my arms.

With that I give you the best and worst moments of Trimester TWO, weeks 14-26

Top 10
1. Finding out Baby Bruner was a little girl!!! YAY for tutus and bows!!! This girly girl was happily surprised.
2. Sharing the news that we are Team Pink at our Gender Reveal Party
3. Putting together our registry. Pottery Barn Kids is my MECCA.
4. SHOPPING! I have had the best time buying outfits for our sweet Stella Rose. From Miss Marc Jacobs fashionable ensembles, to preppy chic Ralph Lauren dresses, and uber cool DVF prints, she is going to be one styling little lady.
5. Feeling Stella's big kick! I had been feeling her move but hadn't really felt a big kick until the night of my friend Lindsay's wedding. I was sitting down, at the reception, and all of a sudden- KICK! From that moment on she has been a regular karate kid, kicking me from 8-10pm, and 7-9am.
6. When Daddy got to feel Stella's kicks. One evening at about 8:30pm, we were laying in bed (yes, 8:00 is now our bed time), the kicking started. I yelled at Trevor to hurry and feel, "he goes, I am not going to be able to feel it"... he then humored me and put his hand on my tummy, and BAM, then another BAM, then two more BAMS! Stella kicked him four times in a row, and Trevor finally got to feel his baby girl. I cried like a baby.... such a surreal moment.
7.Decorating the nursery! Trevor has been one hard working Daddy to be, making Stella's pretty in pink "garden" themed nursery come to life It is turning out to be so beautiful. Some days I will just sit in my rocking chair for hours, thinking about Stella Rose. Its like my little retreat at home.
8. 4D ultrasound. At 26 weeks we took all the grandparents, and proud Aunt Ally to see Stella Rose in 4D! She was a little stubborn as it was her nap time. (she was using the placentia as her pillow) lol! Then finally she turned and we got to see her sweet face!. Everybody yelled OMG she has Trevor's nose. Which she does, and it is the cutest nose I have ever seen. Then I really looked at her, and I saw me. She has my cheeks and pouty little lips. I know I am biased, but she is the most beautiful thing in the world to me <3
9. Energy. It was gone for about 3 months, so it felt great to feel like myself again.
10. Test results. So far all the tests have come back clear, and have been reassuring that Stella is one healthy little girl

Bottom 5
Unfortunately Trimester Two is not all butterfly and sunshine. There are some struggles that come along with all this joy!
1. Back Aches- Ouch! Around 20 weeks, my back started to get really sore. I can't go, go, go like I am used to. I really have to slow down, which I hate to do!
2. Indigestion. Even though the nauseau stopped, I have woken up in the middle of the night throwing up due to indigestion. Gross...
3. Pregnancy is not fashionable. Working as the Designer Manager for Nordstrom comes with high expectations, especially in the looks department which has had to be put on hold. I have not worn heels since December. (bye, bye YSLs strappy sandals, and Gucci Pumps). I bought a pair of strappy Givenchy flat sandals that have been an absolute lifesaver! I wear them almost every single day, and my feet thank me for it.
4. Stretch Marks- I have not gotten any on my belly (so far), but have noticed some pink lines forming on my hips :( Not so fun.
5. Insomnia. Waking up tp go the bathroom every hour, does not help this mama to be get her beauty rest.


Well we have at least 10 weeks left before I am considered full Term and Stella can make her arrival. As we prepare for becoming parents I can't help but thank God so much for this blessing I remember praying everyday for a sweet baby (secretly a sweet baby girl), and God has given us the most amazing gift. Although pregnancy definitely has its ups and downs, it is an absolute miracle to think that all because two people fell in love, a little life is growing inside of me. We cant wait to meet our little BABE!

1 comment: