Saturday, October 22, 2011

Game Night: Disney Scene it Addition

ACTION!!!! Cookies from Great Dane
They were Yummy too :)
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes baked by Yours Truly
Movie Candy!
and then there was FRESH popcorn...


The GAME? How many Disney movies have you "scened"
I got these adorable Popcorn bowls from Karen (my new cousin)
The Disney Scene it Spread



Last month all the CM (cashmere mafia... yes we have a "clique" name) were at a beautiful wedding for our friend Ashley having a grand old time. All the guys started talking saying we should get together more often and we should have a game night. With two babies on the way (squeee for Carsyn & Gia) it seemed like a lot. So we decided that each couple would host Game night once a month! Seemed easy enough, and a wonderful idea. With 6 couples thats only twice a year!

With my crazzzy retail months ahead (November Half Yearly, & Christmas) I thought it be best The Bruners host the first game night! I had a Board Game called "Scene it" that I had had for years and havent played it in a looong time! I remember it being fun so I thought it would be a fun game to play.

We had just received the most adorable popcorn bowls and old fashioned popcorn maker as a wedding preent, so thought it would go great with the "scene it" movie theme. I called our favorite bake shop (Great Dane in Los Al) to bake some special "ACTION" cookies to go along with the Movie theme. A quick trip to the super market, and we had Movie candy; Milk Duds, Hot Tameles, Reices Pieces, you name it we had it.

So I go home get the scene it game out, and what do you know... game board- check!, Game piece- check, check!, Game DVD- missing?? After two hours of ripping my house apart trying to find the DVD it was on to plan B. I did have the game Disney Scene it? I was worried if the boys would like it, or if they would think it was boring- those doubts went away when I remember how Disneyland is pretty mush Trevors favorite place on earth, so Disney Scene it, it was.

A few clicks on pinterst, to add some disney fun to the spread, landed me back at the supermarket. Yours truly, baked MICKEY MOUSE CUPCAKES! I baked classic yellow cake, and frosted chocolate icing on top. With the help of Red cupcake wrapper, and mini oreos, oi la! We had a Mickey cupcake.

It was safe to say that the CM boys were on to something. Game night was an absolute blast, and I cannot wait for November Game night at the Burns. The boys were of couse extremely competitive, and well Katie Mandalia, was my personal favorite. She takes games seriously, and from a competitor, I thought it was FAB. The night consisted of reliving our childhood memories, fulfilling our sweet tooth, and WINNING! Thats right the duo of Danielle Burns, Me, and well (Miss baby Gia) were the Champions of Disney Scene it.

The most special thing of all, was when we all decided it was time for Gianna Kathleen to kick! The CM all held Dani's belly, like some kind of science fiction power, and a little Baby Gia we felt. Swimming and kicking us, it was one of the best things I have ever experienced. She seemed to enjoy the get together.

It was so much fun! I am totally loving our new tradition of GAME NIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. Game night was amazing that night! So many yummy treats and all in al a GREAT time!! :)

    ReplyDelete