Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Orange County Designer Preview

Designer Preview.... arguably the most important night in fashion in the "Nordstrom" world. I started my new job June 27th. In 2 days I will be hosting my very 1st preview in Orange County. Which means a whole lot of work in just 4 weeks. Although I hosted one in Portland, OR; the OC event has always had a special place in my heart. I remember attending my first preview event. I was 22 years old, and in complete awe. I was told to show up to the event, to "wear designer", and be a runner. Basically my job was to clean the boutique, run go backs, and say hello to customers.

So I showed up to the event wearing a black cocktail dress (because at the time I was so new to the designer world didn't own any designer, but I knew that black was always stylish), and an M Missoni purple & grey scarf. I was scared to death, and beyond intimidated of the dazzling salesgirls, and super stylish women decked head to toe in designer. I remember thinking, what an amazing event. I felt lucky to just be a "runner".

Fast forward to 5 years later, and I would be hosting the the event...
This year I will be wearing runway Alexander McQueen, "running" a sold out preview event. See picture below...


Its amazing how much things can change in just 5 years. I am now happily married, living in a beautiful townhouse, and at the top role in designer apparel management for my company. I am so excited to host the event, and even more excited to see what will happen in the next 5 years. Some people measure success by how much money they have in their account, others measure it by what they own... I measure it by what's hanging in my closet (lol)... JK!

I truly feel successful, and feel I have accomplished so much. Every once in awhile its okay to pat yourself on the back. Today is that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment