Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happily Ever After









May 1st, 2011
Our Wedding Day

The Planning...
From the Bride...

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. Not only did I love waking up to Easter candy filled baskets, but I love the pastel colors, and going to brunch with my family. I remember being a little girl dressing up in my big fancy dresses, and pearl jewelry, with matching hats and gloves to attend Sunday Service. Fast forward to Easter 2010, where I woke up to an Easter present from my now husband, which was filled with Easter candy, and in the middle a diamond ring! Right there on Easter Morning he popped the question!

We started planning right away! I had always wanted a vineyard wedding, but we didn't want to inconvenience too many of our guests, so we went to our own backyard, Temecula! As soon as we stepped foot on Ponte, we knew it was the one. There were rose bushes surrounding the ceremony space, immaculate gardens, and a brand new ballroom with 360 degree views of the vineyards shining in from the windows. We even saw little bunny rabbits hopping around, whom also made an appearance on our wedding day. Besides Ponte's breathtaking grounds, we also fell in love with the delicious food, and tasty wine. One of the questions I received the most was... "What are your wedding colors?" Although a color combo can look great, I wanted more of a spring color palette, to show our love for our favorite season. We used white, ivory, soft pinks, peach, lavender, and champagne. We really wanted to have a romantic feel so other details we used were pearls, lace, crystals and rosettes. From pearls hanging from the altar, to lace wrapped bouquets, to mini crystal chandeliers hanging from the trees, these details really made our day pretty.

One of my favorite obsessions besides obsessing over SMP daily, became etsy where I found my : ring bearer pillow, flower girl basket, personalized cards, bouquet broach, photo booth props, shabby chic signs, favor tags, and ostrich feather pens. Other ways we personalized our Big day was with our table numbers. Each table had a trifold picture frame, where we included a picture of us during our relationship, and the story behind it. Some of these included "Monkeying Around"- our dates to the zoo, "Falling in love"- hiking the falls, and our personal favorite "puppy love" which is the story of our bulldog Minnie. Since Minnie is not behaved as well as she should be we just had to include her! I also included her by giving my groom, Trevor, a pair of Bulldog cuff links to wear. My awesome hubby also put his drill to use and made all the Ponte cork place cards we used. The favors we gave our guests were heart shaped wine stoppers, because what's more fitting than a wine stopper at a winery?

Our wedding day was amazing thanks to our families for helping us with all the details, especially my Mom who was the best wedding planner I could have ever hired, our vendors, and of course Ponte. I will never forget seeing my groom for the first time with his adorable bow tie, holding hands under the altar, watching dozens of doves fly over us afetr we said I do, dancing with my amazing bridesmaids, laughing with our friends and family, and running through the Sparkler finale to celebrate our new life as Mr. & Mrs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment