Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kung Fu Baby

At week 10 I went in for another ultrasound to see how lil Baby Bruner was doing. I was so nervous, as this would be my last appointment of the first trimester. I was starting to not feel like a zombie anymore, and was hoping my Dr. would release me to go back to work. Trevor just started a new job at a plumbing company in Pasadena, so he wasn't able to go. Luckily I had Grammy (my mom) to come with me to the appointment for support. Although my last appointment at 7 weeks, was good information I was still so nervous. In fact I hadn't announced my pregnancy yet, because I wanted to get through this last appointment just to make sure.

As I laid back for another vaginal ultrasound (ouch) my heaart started beating so fast as I saw what looked like a baby. My Dr. pointed out the legs, the arms, the head, tush, and then the steady and strong heart beat. Baby Bruner was right on track measuring 10 weeks! I couldn't believe my eyes. My baby was kicking its legs and punching its arms like a little ninja. Looks like my lil peanut is going to be one tough cookie.

After the appointment, my Dr. told me that I was not considered high risk anymore, and should just enjoy my pregnancy. He stopped the progesterone treatments, and suggested I return to work and get back on my feet. I was overjoyed, and soooo in love with my lil kung fu baby. The only thing was, now that I wasn't high risk I would have to wait another 4 weeks to see my lil one. He said at the next appointment he would use the Doppler so we could hear the baby's heart beat, and would perform another ultrasound ( a belly one). Can't wait to see Baby Bruner again!


Baby Bruner- 10 weeks

1 comment: